Darcy's Rainbow

Darcy's Rainbow
Twin Lakes, WA

Thursday, March 3, 2011

He reveals deep and secret things...

He knows what is in the darkness and light dwells with Him. Daniel 2:22
~
It's official. I have now entered the imaging part of my journey...for the rest of my life. A new level of transparency. An interesting thought.
~
My appointment with a Medical Oncologists this past Monday was the hardest one, yet. Even harder than the office visit when I was told I had cancer. On that day, I was mercifully wrapped and secure in a thickness that I can only describe as being God's Spirit. This time, however, God allowed me to feel. As I looked at the posters on the wall that said things like, "Life is precious...do you have a plan yet? We can help you..." I saw with great reality the pathway that I had been on just weeks ago that had now been changed because of a miracle! Thank you, Jesus. And like almost getting hit by a semi on the freeway, my whole body was aware of the closeness of the truth that life can be too short. This morning, as I write, the truth of God's plan that it is not my time to leave this earth quite yet is still sinking in. The talks the Lord and I have shared in the night these past few weeks are still fresh and vibrant to my soul. He has renewed me. Even with death hanging over my head all I could see was LIFE. How can this be?
~
For to be carnally minded is death,
But to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Romans 8:6
~
MUSHROOMS and SECRETS
I want to talk a little about mushrooms. I have heard the word a few times, recently. It has got me thinking...
On Facebook, someone recently said they felt in the dark, like a mushroom. Along with other comments, one loving response was that some mushrooms held great value.
When Darcy and I first moved to Mt Hood we learned very quickly that edible mushrooms grew nearby and that many who lived here knew the hidden places where they grew. Following the lead of a dear neighbor we quickly learned the value of Chantrelles. One day we decided to venture out on our own. As we walked around Lost Lake we found some mushrooms that "looked" right, as seen from the book that we had glanced at. As we filled our sack we suddenly felt unsure and decided to throw them all away and wash our hands. A wise decision, as later we learned they were not edible. Even touching some mushrooms can make one sick!
~
Another story, in 2005 I visited 7 Indian Reservations in 7 days with a group of Jesus loving women. At one of the places we ministered, a tiny, bold and powerful native woman prophesied over me. Placing her hand strongly on my head she loudly declared me a Mushroom of God. Saying that I was hidden in the secret place with Him (Psalm 91:1) and that I would be brought into the light: an ingredient that God would use in many dishes...His flavor in me creating more of Him. She went on to say that He would allow me to take on the flavors of what he was doing in many situations but to remain in Him. She then laughed loudly and said, "Lord, what is it with vegetables lately, the last person I prayed for was an asparagus!"
~
The cancer experiece has brought another mushroom story. Repeatedly, I have heard the doctors say it was like a mushroom because of the long stem and then balloon type mass connected to it. Each time I hear this I think of the small, musty mushrooms that grew out from under the damp backseat mat of our old Pontiac years ago. Ew.
One night, God told me the mushroom tumor's name was "doubt". I have to be honest, just before this experience that pushed me further into His Word and His very near Presence, doubt had become a part of me. It was a sudden thing that seemed to manifest or show itself, after the release of the Songs in the Night CD that God had Sovereignly done. I doubted my abilities. His Words of truth were spoken. His vision was fulfilled in me. But, still I doubted. In my ability? I know better than that! But still, I let the lie of the enemy come in. It sounded right. I realize that even something spoken by God can be unfufilled if we do not recieve His truth but believe a lie.
~
But the word is very near you, in your mouth,
And in your mind and in your heart,
so that you can do it...
I have set before you life and death,
Blessings and the curses;
Therefore choose life
That you and your descendants may live.
Deuteronomy 30:14,19
~

1 comment:

  1. I love mushrooms. I love the way they taste (the edible ones, of course!), and I love the way they look growing in the ground. Last fall I took a photo of a really unusual one growing in a pile of leaves. It would have been so easy for me to just walk by it, but I stopped and took several photos of it. I'm not even sure why...except that it had a certain unusual beauty to it and I wanted to preserve it.

    God gives beauty even in the midst of a pile of dead leaves, and in the midst of dark times. I remind myself that I have to be more aware, more open to seeing that beauty.

    ReplyDelete