Darcy's Rainbow

Darcy's Rainbow
Twin Lakes, WA

Thursday, February 24, 2011

As the rain and snow come down from heaven...it shall accomplish... in the thing for which I sent it!

Oh how I love the snow. I hope you are enjoying it, too. It brings a quietness. There is such beauty to drink in and a time of reflection, if we allow it. I was drawn to read Isaiah 55:8-13 as I looked out of my window yesterday when the snow began to fall up here in Welches.
My thoughts are not your thoughts...My ways are not your ways...
Often the Lord shows me that He has my hand. Recently, I saw it again as He comforted me. Every time I read or think on this passage it reminds me of being a small child. My very small hand in His very large one. My small feet keeping in step with Him who is standing so much taller than me, watching over me thoughtfully and staying near me at the pace that He knows that I can go. He is thoughtful, caring and merciful.
In the past weeks as I have been healing and waiting, Time has stopped for me. I capitalize Time because I believe that God is Time. He created it. In one of my morning devotion readings He gave me a little understanding about what He is after in His beloved Bride. How it is important to Him and so very vital to our relationship with Him that we draw near Him.
He withdrew...to a solitary place. Matthew 14:13
John Ruskin writes, "God does not write the music of our lives without a plan. Our part is to learn the tune and not be discouraged during the rests. They are not to be slurred over or omitted, nor used to destroy the melody or change the key. If we will only look up, God Himself will count the time for us.
With our eyes on Him, our next note will be full and clear.
If we sorrowfully say to ourselves, "There is no music in a rest," let us not forget that the rest is part of the making of the music. The process is often slow and painful in life, yet how patiently God works to teach us! And how long He waits for us to learn the lesson.
Come to Jesus, He knows your every need
Come to Jesus, He longs to set you free
From the burdens, that you carry on your own
Come to Jesus, He's waiting for you...
~
Lift your eyes to Him, Cry out His name
He will answer you, Don't be afraid
His arms are open wide, He'll carry you
Come to Jesus, His strength will see you through
Come to Jesus, He's waiting for you...
~
Come to Jesus, He'll meet you where you are
Come to Jesus, He'll remove your painful scars
He'll give you beauty
New HOPE and happiness
Come to Jesus, He's waiting for you...
~
He's been with you all along
He will give your night a song
And when you look into His eyes you will see
Eyes of Love...For you
Come to Jesus
Karen Lais
Songs in the Night

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, I am married to Doug Lawrence - he played the flutes on your cd. Your blog has so blessed me - have you ever thought about writing a devotional? Love you, Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dianne, My deepest thanks for your encouraging words and for walking along with me through my journaling. My love to you and to Doug.

    It is new for me to be this open in writing. Sharing my thoughts, speaking one on one, is fairly easy for me. God has nudge me in this direction before, asking me to write and share. It has taken my recent experience with surgery and cancer to really get me there :) It took this experience to bring my deepest passions to the forefront causing me to be willing to step out with boldness. One day, I realized that it was most important to my heart as I saw my days numbered at the beginning. I want everyone to know Him. I told the Lord that whether my days were 4 months, 4 years, or 40 years that I would declare His name boldly and with His help and leading. So, boldly I shall declare.

    To my other dear friends who have commented...Thank you very much for your words! As I have stepped out in faith, there you have been...Your words of support and encouragement have meant more to me than I can express. God bless you. ox Karen

    ReplyDelete